Immune Daily Support is a formulation of nutrients that have been found to be essential for a healthy immune system, but may be functionally deficient in many individuals.
As a dietary supplement, adults take 3 capsules once daily, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Immune Daily Support
- Immune Daily Support is a formulation of nutrients that have been found to be essential for a healthy immune system, but may be functionally deficient in many individuals.
- The arrival of the COVID-19, SARS-2 virus has created a major disruption in the lives of individuals everywhere. These disruptions can be extensive. And they can result in increased stress, decreased sleep and dietary deficiencies caused by food chain disruption. While the cure for viral diseases such as COVID are unknown, what is definitely known is that individuals with underlying co-morbidities and individuals experiencing nutritional deficiencies are at a greater risk for a more severe outcome if they contract the virus. However, the most supportive nutritional supplements being reported in the literature are the very nutrients that many Americans are deficient in. Immune Daily Support is a formulation of nutrients that have been found to be essential for a healthy immune system, but may be functionally deficient in many individuals. Vitamin C, for example, is absolutely critical for the proper functioning of immune cells. However, humans are the only mammal on earth that do not make their own vitamin C. Human vitamin C needs to be obtained from the diet. And because vitamin C is water soluble and not stored in the body, it needs to be obtained every day. Before the arrival of COVID-19, it was estimated that 23% of Americans were functionally deficient in vitamin C. However, that number has increased significantly given dietary disruption and an increase in stress, which increases the utilization of any vitamin C that is taken up from the diet or from supplements. Besides being essential for proper functioning of immune cells, vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that protects the body from oxidative stress caused by free radicals. Excessive free radicals are associated with most diseases. Vitamin C has been used for years to reduce the symptoms of colds, about onequarter of which are caused by other coronaviruses. Perhaps the most direct evidence for vitamin C’s use in COVID-19 are studies published earlier this year in which vitamin C reduced symptoms in patients with sepsis and acute respiratory distress syndrome caused by viruses, and a study in which administration of vitamin C significantly reduced the time patients spent on ventilators. The value of vitamin D in healthy immune function is unquestionable. Several studies conducted early in the pandemic found that countries with populations that had low levels of vitamin D were more likely to have serious outbreaks and higher mortality rates. This correlates with U.S. studies, which found that individuals with vitamin D deficiency were more likely to be hospitalized. Studies have shown that 42% of Americans are functionally deficient in vitamin D. This is an unfortunate statistic, as vitamin D is one of the few nutrients whose levels can be measured in a standard blood test. In the U.S., studies found that low levels of vitamin D were associated with patients who lived in nursing homes and with African Americans, two groups who are particularly at risk for COVID infections. Lastly, vitamin D deficiency has been implicated in asthma and other respiratory disorders. Zinc is essential for immune-cell development, with several studies finding that it reduces the risk of contracting respiratory infections. However, about 30% of American adults are functionally deficient in zinc. Zinc possesses several antiviral effects which are realized through the generating of both innate and acquired immune responses, facilitation of the normal functioning of the innate immune system, stabilization of the cell membrane inhibiting the entry of the virus, and inhibition of viral replication. While not noted for functional deficiency, the other three ingredients in Immune Daily Support provide valuable immune support. N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) is the biologically active precursor for the amino acid cysteine which, in turn, is a precursor for glutathione. Glutathione is the body’s premier antioxidant, with highest levels found in the liver and the lungs, both organs for detoxification. Glutathione has been found to have value in minimizing the pulmonary symptoms found with COVID-19. So daily administration of NAC will help to keep pulmonary levels of glutathione supported. Quercetin has shown preclinical benefit as an antiviral medication. A Chinese study found that quercetin bound with spike protein in coronavirus, reducing its ability to infect cells. Quercetin also serves to increase the take up of zinc into the cells. Finally, echinacea, used for generations, has been shown to help activate the immune system and stimulate certain immune cells that are critical to maintaining overall health. It also helps keep the respiratory system healthy when challenged, particularly during the winter months.
- Immune Daily Support may be a useful nutritional supplement for individuals wishing to maintain healthy levels of nutrients found to be foundational in a healthy immune system.
FORMULA (WW #10388)
3 Capsules Contain:
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)............................ 1,000 mg
- Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol)...........38 mcg (1,500 IU)
- Zinc....................................................................... 20 mg (as TRAACS® zinc bisglycinate† )
- N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC).................................... 400 mg
- Quercetin ............................................................ 300 mg
- Echinacea............................................................ 125 mg
- Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose (USP), vegetable capsule (cellulose, purified water).
- As a dietary supplement, adults take 3 capsules once daily, or as directed by a healthcare professional. Consult your healthcare professional prior to taking this product if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
- Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.