Co-Enzyme Q10 softgels contain pure co-enzyme Q10 (ubiquinone). Co-enzyme Q10 is solubilized in a base of rice bran oil and vitamin E to enhance absorption of coenzyme Q10.
Quantity: 30 Softgels
As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 softgel capsule, 1 to 2 times daily with food, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
CoEnzyme Q10 100mg
- CoEnzyme Q10 softgels contain pure coenzyme Q10 (ubiquinone) solubilized in a base of rice bran oil and vitamin E to enhance absorption of coenzyme Q10.
- Coenzyme Q10 is an important rate limiting cofactor in the mitochondrial electron transport chain, the biochemical pathway in cellular respiration from which adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the form of energy used by the body, is derived. Since cellular activities are dependent upon energy, coenzyme Q10 is crucial for the efficient functioning of nearly every cell.
- In addition to its well-established function as a component of the mitochondrial electron transport chain, coenzyme Q10 has in recent years acquired increasing attention regarding its antioxidant properties. Coenzyme Q10 occurs in all cellular membranes as well as in blood serum and in serum lipoproteins. As a lipid-soluble antioxidant, coenzyme Q10 efficiently protects membrane phospholipids and serum low-density lipoproteins from lipid peroxidation. Recent data indicate it also protects mitochondrial membrane proteins and DNA from free radical-induced oxidative damage.
- These effects of coenzyme Q10 are independent of those of other antioxidants, such as vitamin E, although coenzyme Q10 can also extend the functions of vitamin E by regenerating it from its oxidized form. Tissue coenzyme Q10 levels are regulated through the mevalonate pathway, increasing with various forms of oxidative stress, and decreasing during aging. Related to its antioxidant properties, coenzyme Q10 is important for normal immune function. This has been shown in a number of experimental and clinical studies.
- Healthy people have the ability to synthesize adequate amounts of coenzyme Q10. According to Dr. Karl Folkers and other researchers, humans can synthesize coenzyme Q10 from the amino acids tyrosine or phenylalanine and mevalonic acid, all of which are abundant in the body. However, the synthesis is a complex process involving 15 separate steps which require many enzymes, nutritional mineral cofactors and vitamin coenzymes.
- As a result, the biosynthesis of coenzyme Q10 in the human body requires a good diet – one that is high in vitamins, minerals, and other nutrient factors. Yet, it has been shown by NHANES I and II studies that many Americans do not consume an adequate diet. Rather, for many, dietary intake of water soluble vitamins, vitamin A, and some minerals and trace elements is insufficient. Many of these nutrients are essential for the biosynthesis of coenzyme Q10. Thus, it is not surprising that the nutritional status of coenzyme Q10 tends to decline with advancing age. In addition, it has been shown that in disease states, nutrients from food sources may not be readily absorbed or bioavailable. According to Folkers and other experts, coenzyme Q10 should be considered an essential nutrient, as it is well established that coenzyme Q10 is essential for the health of every cell in the human body.
- CoEnzyme Q10 softgels may be a useful dietary supplement for those who wish to support their body’s own production of coenzyme Q10.
FORMULA (WW #10038)
1 Softgel Capsule Contains:
Coenzyme Q10.......................................................100 mg
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, glycerin, water, zinc oxide and annatto (softgel), rice bran oil, lecithin, vitamin E and beeswax. Contains soy. Manufactured on equipment that processes peanuts. May contain traces of peanuts.
This product contains NO sugar, salt, dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
- As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 softgel capsule, 1 to 2 times daily with food, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
- No adverse effects have been reported.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.